Monday, October 6, 2008

MMQB

I'm still trying to get back in the swing of blogging after my two weeks in conferences and retreats. Sorry that it has been so sporadic. Here are my reflections from yesterday (and the first three full weeks of Reveal).
  • The band is kicking it and getting better every week. As much as I enjoyed Are You Ready? and Give a Little Bit, Life Is A Highway was even better. Also, finishing with I Am Free left me wanting more. In fact a few of us were still standing around about 20 minutes later like we were hoping that it wouldn't end.
  • We are still working on timing. Yesterday was the first time that we didn't get started at 11:45. I think we actually got things going around 11:50. We want to get started on time and will try to get back on track this week.
  • The feedback on the Eval forms was great. Thanks for filling those out. A couple of things from the eval cards that I think I should comment on. First, the scripture not being in sync yesterday was my fault. I didn't get the passage back to Hunter in time. I put it up the week before and I will work on getting that straight from now on. That is a big pet peeve of mine also. Second, we got a lot of positive feedback about the Amena Brown video. I think Amena does a fantastic job and the video dovetailed nicely with what I was saying yesterday. Thanks for picking up on that.
  • Finally, if you didn't complete an eval form yesterday and want me to email you a blank form, let me know. At this point in the life of Reveal, feedback is vital. In fact, I would love to hear what you thought of the new setup for the "communication card" from yesterday. It was much more concise than in the past.
I have more to say about this Sunday's gathering, but I will hold off on that until tomorrow.

peace - Jamie

No comments: