Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blogging

I've had trouble blogging from the office. So I'm doing this from home tonight. After a very busy Sunday, I took yesterday off to hang out with my family. It was a fun day. We headed to Asheville to eat at the Moose Cafe, to shop at the farmer's market and to stop by Granddad's Apple farm. I have video of a running llama that hopefully will make it to the internet sometime soon.

Reflections from Sunday:
  • I enjoyed preparing for Sunday as much as I enjoyed Reveal on Sunday. Preparing the message, setting up the room, even lighting the candles meant a lot to me.
  • The acoustic worship set was a cool change of pace. Ending with "I Am Free" was an awesome way to walk out of a worship gathering.
  • Being a part of the Lord's Supper is always a sobering and exhilarating way to remember what Jesus did for each one of us.
  • Thanks to Stacey Cooper for putting out the snacks for the band and technical team.

Just a reminder that this week, we will be wrapping up the "Born to Run" series with a sermon about the greatest runner. Friends are invited to join us since it is Friend Day at FBC.

-- peace, jamie

No comments: