Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I hope you and your family enjoyed the last long weekend of summer. My family took advantage of the last Sunday night without church commitments to go sightseeing in downtown Charlotte. We did some shopping at one of my favorite stores (World Market), then took the LYNX Blue Line from South Blvd to downtown. We stopped by the Museum of the New South and the Light Factory before grabbing some supper at Rock Bottom Brewery. Then on Monday, we cruised over to Matthews, NC for Matthews Alive for the afternoon before hitting one of my favorite pizza places - Wolfman Pizza - where we ate a Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger! and a Shrimp Pesto pizza.

I try not to spiritualize every event in my life. But having almost two full days with my family to play, rest, and chill at the end of a busy summer reminds me of how much God wants us to recharge our batteries by getting away from the stress, worries and busyness of everyday life. I hope you had a chance to do that this weekend.

-- Peace, Jamie

No comments: